Statistically

My heart is killing me
With every beat I die
Perish, that these thoughts should think so well
I am unaccustomed to their independent nature

Unruly children

Dancing before the fire’s flame
Conspiring out of sight

Honest words, Poisoned ivy, Climbing plaster walls

This house is not a house
It is a neighborhood funeral parlor
Blending in with childhood games
Ringing ‘round the roses
Singing out a song of death
Words spoken without the reason of invention

I have madness and in my madness I beat the odds.
I cast the words before me and they fall into a pattern.
They build the puzzle.

I will cast these words again.
And they will build the puzzle.
The words will be different
The picture will not be the same.
But they are the pieces I have always used.

I beat the odds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Let all laws be agreed.

The Razor

Fending off Panic