Doubts

Branded by the world, I carry scars
Invisible to my eyes
What source claims them?
My skin burns with the repetition of this iron thing
Severed tendons I stand on my own two feet
For a moment, before I fall

The hard mentality strikes me and I yawn
With calm, clarity
I stare
The black hole sun
Swallowed

Swallow
And down the drain I go
The words I rhyme to are on the wind and gone

I run through an open place, space
I call it a field
I ignore the wheat that has grown here long
I cannot focus
To this tilling task
I have forsaken the call I suspect I never heard

I run, I call
I exist to speak about myself through tears I no longer understand
I speak a new language
Built out of sounds I heard, once and only, it has no recognizable rules
It has no rules
But follows on the course of my petulant whine

Why, oh why, does it come to me?
When I’ve lost no love for it?

I am burdened by weightless voices.

Oh how clever
“The giant tree is small.”

A skilled tongue gives no guarantee of a pleasant kiss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

A Round of Applause

Fending off Panic

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?