Be Happy For Me

It can’t be worse than this,
this scarred world tearing, red at the edges
The knife, the sun, stabbing the horizon each day, smoke that floats in cloud disguises
Happiness cloying, clogging your lungs
Repetition that breaks your back like a violent fucking rape
Ivory statues, tilted heads, and plaster smiles

I am burning beneath my napalm skin
A water body with an oil mind

I cannot focus because I see beyond the skies
I walk, among stars; but curious
They do not speak

With the light of a thousand forsaken tales buried in the brainstem, I am tethered, chained
Ripped back from every escape
The master’s hand on the master’s whip
Snapped against my spine with vocal energy

Go. Stay.
My mind is made up
My body disagrees
The clash of titans, gods: the undivine

Fought on separate planes
The two can never meet
The war rages on
It is a place magnificent
For the reflection must be an indication of such

Sunlit spires of gold and bone
Vast plains of wheat-tipped grass, moving like a river, wide
Drenched by a bursting summer storm
Purpose, intertwined with beauty
Death, free of the noxious mortal touch

Broken stars litter the ground like silver mines, shining through the night
The Valkyries call to war
The look in a man’s eyes run through

The pipe dream
The twisted trees of the people you know
Digging their roots into the ground
Vines barbed and wrapped around your throat

Give me pesticide
For that is what you are
Just enough to set me free

Can you guarantee my death, to stab me through the heart I do not have?
Do you promise to be happy for me, if it stops beating?

The winter comes
Rejoice!

Be happy for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

A Round of Applause

Fending off Panic

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?