A Broken Clock

There is a heavy howling in the air
A muted glare
I seem drawn to these people
The tidal forces of Newton’s gravity

They’re not the people I want
They’re not the people they seem
But inevitably they are

But maybe it’s my paranoia
Built in me since birth
A faulty sixth sense
It cannot seem wholly accurate
It seems impossible to think that it could always be true
That I could always be right
But who am I to determine
When I ask, I think they lie
When I don’t, I think they will

The paranoia in me

Where eaves are ears
And I catch what I drop
They know that I am standing there
So it’s a mere fraction of the mass

Hysteria

But assuredly, I am insured

For riots
Plastic shields control what I regret to unleash

The peaceful demonstration
The silent protest

Who is shamed by what I’ve failed to do?

And now
Months after I have begun this undertaking
It is all brand new
Windex on the window of my mind
And sometimes I can see the footprints of where I’ve been
And sometimes, like this time
I cannot see where I once wanted to go
It is all madness and this no less so
So I wrap and I finish and so I shall be done

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

The Two Seperate Categories of Evil and Ken Jennings

Jericho

Let all laws be agreed.