Picket Fences

If eyes were silence, I would live in them
Pools of Black and Murk
Drank by the bottle, ordered by the case
The taste of honey and butter and biscuits

If silence were golden, I would hoard it
I will build my house of it, a temple to it
I would layer it thick, brick by brick
And cry myself to sleep wrapped in a blanket of it

If silence were silent, I would love it
I would marry it
I would caress and kiss and feed it
I would murder it, bury it in the backyard and die atop it

If silence wasn’t food I would starve

Where silence is water, I drink
I swim, I bathe

When silence comes home from the war, we will build a life together
Fences and barbeques, a dog, a car
He will be the father and I will teach our children of glorious, glorious silence

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

A Round of Applause

Fending off Panic

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?