The Curious Incident of the Friend in the Nighttime

I think that I get myself into a lot of situations where I am friends with people simply because we work with, or near, each other. And I discover that when I try to be friends with them, in these situations, I tend to try too hard and make mistakes.

It is then that I discover, by their reactions, that we aren’t really friends at all.

And I tend to really like these people.

But the conclusion always seems to be that they don’t really care about me at all.

I think that many of these people, the moment they no longer see me or are no longer required to interact, I pass from their thoughts.


Generally, I do not mind that I have few friends, for I’d like to think it is quality over quantity.

But when someone I want to be my friend, or consider my friend, isn’t: it is times like that: I feel terribly lonely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

The Two Seperate Categories of Evil and Ken Jennings

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

The Razor

Fending off Panic