The Swaying Lantern

Can you give me a word that will hold me close?
Can you give me a light for the darkness?
A lamp for the path?
Can you keep the ghosts away with the tone of your voice?
Can you raise your glass and toast me?
Can you mean it?

I want them to love me
I want them to dance around me
Build effigies
I want them to touch me and marvel that I am real
I want to be the center of a world other than my own.

Love me with abandon
Please
I am on my knees and pleading
For a touch a simple touch
Contact, tangible proof
That I matter
Even if only to one other than me

I want them to see me
Standing, at the top of a staircase
I want the music to stop
(just for a moment
just for one moment)
I want them to see me
And then they can forget me

I want to jump
Because none of it matters
I want to find new words
Shining words
For the same feelings
I want to find new feelings

I want them to see meLike a shadow in the mirror

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

The Two Seperate Categories of Evil and Ken Jennings

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

The Razor

Fending off Panic