"My Dog is a Vegetarian"

Okay, so my roommate and I are having our end of the year barbaque with some friends. And we're outside roasting marshmellows and burning things (cause fire is fun. :stern look: But dangerous, so always practice fire safety!). This lady comes by with her dog and the dog starts sniffing around. My roommate apparently chucked a burnt bratwurst off to the side of the bushes and that's what the dog was eating.

There's a pleasant exchange of conversation where we let the lady know what her dog is trying to eat.

How does she answer?

"Oh, my dog is a vegetarian."
...
...
...
...
...
Right now, I'm just to shocked and horrifyed and incredulous at this to comment more. So I'll talk about it some other time. But I'm sure you can guess what the problem is.


But on to other things.

One of my favorite new shows is "NUMB3RS" on CBS

It's got Rob Marrow (Northern Exposure) who's cute.


But more importantly it has David Krumholtz (The Santa Clause & 10 Things I Hate About You).

Now I've always liked David, but it always seemed like he was an older guy trying to play younger guys. Turns out, he's a younger guy who had a bad haircut that made him look like an older guy playing a young guy. He's only 27. And he has a much better haircut and his face has grown more, so he looks like he's grown-up, in the sense that he looks his age.

And frankly, he looks really, really good.

Definitely a yum.

Anyway. One of the other things I like about the show is that Rob plays an FBI agent and David's older brother. David plays a super math genius. And we're talking really damn smart. So David ends up using math to help his brother solve cases (i.e. predicting locations, likely moves, missing info, time lines & limits, etc.). It works quite well and the math he uses actually makes sense for the show.

But What I like is that the math isn't the pure focus of the show. It isn't used as the ultimate solution to the case. In one episode it was only use to determine the blast radius of a bomb. Nothing case solving. And it's well accepted by the characters that the math isn't aways going to be relevant. Also, David's character doesn't stick his nose in where it doesn't belong. He isn't suddenly a FBI agent riding along with his brother and getting in the way or caught up in the crossfire. He just runs the information. I can't stand it on shows where someone who has no purpose running aorund with the cops is doing just that. They just end up getting into trouble. Kind of like the Lois Lane-complex (and no, I'm not going to explain that, you'll just have to guess.)


Well, that's all for me.

Thanks to all the people who came to the barbeque. It was a lot of fun and we'll have to do it again soon.


Lata. Night. Hasta.

Songs:

"Lady Luck" by Dance Hall Crashers.
"Sea of Love" by Honeydippers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

The Razor

Spy vs. Spy

The Two Seperate Categories of Evil and Ken Jennings