So you think justice has a voice?

I get so sick of people sometimes. And just when they start to pull me back in, I get sick all over again.

I keep thinking "there's people out there for you" and for a while, it seems true. But then it just goes to hell.

And then hope builds inside me again. Somewhere that I can't control. And lurks under everything I do. So I'm nice and polite and kind because I think, things will be better if I am this way. But they aren't.

And every time it happens, I want a place to go back to. A home or a person that will take me in until it washes over. But I don't have a home. And I don't have a person. And I'm tired of dealing with it on my own.

And I'm so sick of people who don't allow me to be upset or annoyed, or even angry. I let them be upset and annoyed and angry. Why am I not allowed to be? Why am I "rude?"

I'm so sick of people. And this planet has so many of them.

I think I'm too even-handed about things. I always see both sides of things, and my response is usually tempered by the fact that I realize there is another point of view involved.

But why, when I state things that only reflect my point of view, am I always demonized for it? It's the same thing others do regularly and that never seems to raise an eyebrow. Yet I am forbidden?

Maybe I should just get used to it. But I refuse to accept the injustice.

Justice, though? Hope? They're such wastes of my time. Why do they keep striving for my attention? Why do I keep giving it to them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

Hold on just a while longer

A Round of Applause

Six