When the Sun Dies

Once upon, I saw the world as this other thing
Back then, just once, my heart, it held a beat
Now there are dark clouds, storms that rage and sing
I lie dead, covered with a twisted sheet
Night consumed the day and the darkness spread
Alone, a knight of old, an endless quest
I sought my salvation among the dead
Needing a place to sleep, a place to rest

Once upon time, there were flowers that bloomed
When music rang out as laughter and mirth
But on the horizon, faded stars loomed
I looked at the world and just saw the earth

Fitting then that the vine, the twist, should be,
Keep the sun, I don't hate the things I see



Sonnet, Iambic Pentameter...ish
[a revision of "As the Sun Sets."]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is no such thing as "racism"

The Two Seperate Categories of Evil and Ken Jennings

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

The Razor

Fending off Panic